I think we (USA) have really, really lost our minds! OK, I can buy the bombing of Afghanistan – those lousy Taliban…
OK, Iraq… Remember Iraq, they
lied told us that Saddam had Weapons of Mass Destruction and we all bought it! Shame on me! In the last few weeks, they are intent to bomb Iran – all to take advantage of it’s natural resources (children can you say… o-i-l).
But now we are gonna bomb the moon for it’s water. I distrust the intent of this mission. See the government has set a bad precedent & I just can’t take their word for it anymore. In the past, they’ve sold us a
down-right lie ‘valid’ reason when they really had ulterior motives. What they really sold us was flagrantly not true! All to get those countries’ oil.
Now back to the moon – they tell us that they found water on the moon & this is the
excuse reason why we are gonna create an explosion the size of a large city – so they can capture the water droplets in the debris. The plume the explosion will create is soooo large that we will be able to see it from the earth. Is that really necessary????
Does this sound a bit extreme to you as well????
I have an extract from the article that explains the project (I found it on counterpunch.org )
And now, once again, there are plans to bomb the Moon. This time the unilateral strike is aimed at the Moon’s South Pole and the payload will be delivered by the LCROSS (Lunar CRater Observation and Sensing Satellite) spacecraft; the excuse given is that this is an effort to find water deep under lunar surface. The craft was launched in late June and is currently orbiting the Earth until it finds its target; if all goes according to plan, the M-Day bombing will be October 8, 2009.
The plan is this: the LCROSS first shoots off its 2,300-pound spent booster-rocket at the lunar target zone. Four minutes later, in a scheme apparently inspired by fanatical terrorist airline hijackers, the rest of the robotic LCROSS craft slams into the same area. Like crazed kamikaze paparazzi, the craft will snap photos and transmit data on the first strike back to NASA’s mad bombers before immolating itself in a second explosion. This violent hi-tech sci-fi spectacle will cost anywhere up to $600 million, a price tag that is an outrageous insult to the millions of working people unable to feed, house, or medically treat their families. (As Gil Scott-Heron lamented in 1974: “How come there ain’t no money here? Hmm! Whitey’s on the Moon…”)
Of course, there is much more behind this attack than casual scientific curiosity on whether or not there is water on the Moon. First of all, since the long-range accuracy of intercontinental ballistic missiles has never been proven to work, the LCROSS suicide mission serves as a live-fire test exercise for US war strategists with an interest in the precision of orbiting satellite weapons—in other words, the southern hemisphere of the Moon will be turned into a firing range, making this mission one giant leap for the global reach of space warfare. Secondly, LCROSS has been promoted as “the vanguard” for the US military-industrial-entertainment complex’s return to the Moon—according to NASA, finding water is a necessary first step for “building a long-term and sustainable human presence” there. Historically, the purpose of exploration has always been the exploitation of resources and the colonization of territory without regard for ecosystems or indigenous peoples, and clearly the Moon is the next territory coveted by imperialists.
So now we are gonna blow a hole on the moon & make it look even more like Swiss Cheese. I as much as the next guy love to see stuff blow up, but naked celebs this project does not sit well.
So back to my theory… If this is just a cover story, then what would be a real reason to blow up the moon? DISCLAIMER: This is just my theory. I’m speculating & having fun making this up. Why? Because this NASA project is so OUT THERE, so OVERDONE, so OUTLANDISH, and 600 million dollars, all to prove there is water on the moon. HELLOOO-OOOOHH! And if you buy that, I have a beautiful bridge that I can sell you… I’m speculating & having a ‘conspiracy-theori-itis’ moment & I’m pissed that USA lies to us. I’m venting so don’t make it mean ANYTHING…
- Maybe they are blowing up something they don’t want us to see…At first I was not going to offer this as an option, I laughed & thought it’s so ridiculous. but a statement from Former United Nations Ambassador and Fox News analyst John Bolton, and several other scientists, made me thing twice. John Bolton stated: “What the sam hell is going on over on the side [of the moon] we can’t see?” Bolton asked. “How do we know the Lunarians aren’t amassing weapons of mass goddamn destruction using superior space technology purchased from an advanced race of mantis-like extra-terrestrials? The answer is, ‘we don’t.'”That statement sounds out there – Lunarians on the dark-side of the moon… From a prior official? Well he is not the only one that thinks so…
- Maybe we are testing our own mega Weapon-of-Mass-Destruction that will orbit the earth & strike on any target we choose, without sending out one soldier, all from the safety of the president’s desk & his little red button. The test site – for now – is on the moon. Very public, clearly announced and showing a missile orbiting the moon & striking a pre-determined spot. I’m having a Dr. Evil moment: “We won’t push the red button on your ass, if you pay us one milllliiiioooonnnn dollars…..”
- Who knows the environmental implications that may have on the orbit of the moon or it’s magnetic pull on the earth. So maybe, they want to fix a deteriorating orbit as suggested by Ask the Astronomer. Or maybe they need to correct a failing magnetic field thereby fixing the rising ocean currents in the process. Why? I don’t know… but an option.
- Maybe they are just so darn frustrated, because they have not found Bin Laden & those damn muslin-hate mongers to blow their ass, that they just have to pick on the next bigger thing to blow up – just to feel better about themselves.
Now theory #5 just to round things up. With a hint of sarcasm & lead by “Mr Show”…
“We have the technology, the time is now! America can and will blow up the moon now…”
This makes great TV people…
Don’t you get it? America pride, know-how & tenacity.”
- What if, just a thought… What if nothing comes of it?
I mean, what if the hype and protest is just hype? It would definately be something that got us all worked up and then just let us down. This rollercoaster ride would have more an effect on us then the pull of the moon does.
As you can see, I can definitely imagine many scenarios, but really: Why would NASA do it?
“The Monkey demands an answer!”
Well maybe because it’s there & because we can.